St. James 50th Anniversary
Save the Date - It's Time to Celebrate!
GOD IS GOOD - ALWAYS!
Saturday, June 1
10am - 4pm St. James "Homecoming" & Open House
Sunday, June 2
10am Grand & glorious 50th Celebration, Eucharist with Archbishop Greg
12 noon Reception with catered light lunch immediately following the service
Special projects throughout our "Year of Jubilee" - More details to come!
Spread the news! Phone, email, mail a note or personally invite anyone & everyone you know who has at any time been connected to St. James or others who may be interested in joining us for this milestone celebration.
Share your personal stories & memories of parish life at St. James over the years.
Do you have photos you would be willing to share?
Share your "God is Good" stories - the times or situations when you personally experienced God's goodness in a special way.
Volunteer your skills & time in a practical way by being part of the planning team.
(More info TBA).
Send us your "GOD IS GOOD" stories!
SEND US YOUR "GOD IS GOOD" STORIES!
We are excited to hear your personal "God is Good" stories & testimonies as part of our celebration of St. James 50th. Give God glory for what He has done for you personally. Share how God has touched your life or blessed you in an especially meaningful way. These stories will be collected, compiled & shared as an encouragement to the St. James family in various ways over our year of jubilee. This could include being posted on the St. James website, or in print format or shared in person.
Please consider submitting your personal story/tesimony.
EMAIL your stories & questions to: [email protected] OR
PLACE IN THE DROP BOX on the sign-up table in the Fireside Room.
Please be sure to follow the guidelines below:
- Include your name & contact number (personal info will not be posted with the story)
- The story itself must contain no names, as all stories will be presented as anonymous for privacy reasons
- Your story must tell of God's goodness to you in relation to being a member of the St. James family. (eg. coming to Christ through Alpha, being encouraged through a bible study or home group, God speaking to you through a certain sermon, community building through activities or ministries at St. James, answered prayer, words & images from the Holy Spirit.)
- Please only tell your own personal story, not someone else's.
- Stories must be no longer than 200 words
- Digital typed copy is preferred but hand-written stories are most welcome too.
Your Photos & Anecdotes
The 50th Anniversary planning group is looking to gather old photos and personal anecdotes / memories of St. James parish life over the years. They will be used as part of a 50 year historical display at the June celebration weekend. Please talk to Moireen Cary for more details.
You can e-mail your pics & memories to: [email protected] OR use the designated drop box on the sign up table in the Fireside Room.